THIS IS THE TENTATIVE SCHEDULE FOR 2010 Any changes will be noted in the registration packet.
FRIDAY May 28th
Directions for a Friday self-guided drive will be in the lobby of the Hampton Inn. Feel free to grab a copy and hit the road to enjoy the great roads that surround the area. We will try to have a couple of options (long and short).
12:00-6:00pm – Car wash station at Hampton Inn sponsored by Atlantic Euro who will have products from their Gloss Haus product line available along with hose, buckets, etc.
6:00pm – Friday evening meet-and-greet for vintage BMW owners at Hampton Inn sponsored by The BMW CCA Foundation. BBQ dinner available, music, BMW race movies playing outside (weather permitting), and more. Bring cash for the food (there is an ATM at the nearby gas station).
7:00pm BMW CCA Foundation live auction (cash , check, or credit cards)
Items up for auction (so much awesome schtuff!!!):
* BMW 320i turbo print signed by David Hobbs
* Roundel magazine with the V12 LMR signed by Bill Auberlen
* Red Lobster M1 print signed by David Cowart, Kenper Miller and Jack Deren
* 2009 Rahal Letterman signature card signed by Andy Priaulx, Jorg Muller, Bill Auberlen, Joey Hand, Tommy Milner and Dirk Muller
* 2009 E92 M3 Print signed by Joey Hand, Dr. Mario Theissen, Tommy Milner, Andy Priaulx, Bill Auberlen and Dirk Muller
* 2009 E92 M3 Sebring Print signed by Joey Hand, Tommy Milner, Dirk Muller, Bill Auberlen, Dr Mario Theissen and Andy Priaulx
* 1:43 BMW E46 M3 GTR ADAC 24hr 2005 winner signed by Boris Said
* 1:43 BMW E46 320i 2003 signed by Dirk Muller
* 1:43 BMW E46 M3 GTR set (2 car set 1st and 2nd place 24hr Nurburgring 2005) signed by Jorg Muller, Dirk Muller and Boris Said
* 10th Anniversary PTG M3 Poster signed by Tommy Milner, Joey Hand, Peter Cunningham, Dirk Mueller, Nic Jonsson, Bill Auberlen, Boris Said, Tom Milner, Ian James, and Johannes Van Overbeek
8:00pm “Every Picture tells a story; photographing vintage BMW’s”; a how-to presentation by professional photographer Tom Madine. Knowing Tom, this will be as entertaining as it is educational. Get some professional tips before snapping away on Saturday. Takes place in the Hampton Inn meeting room.
9:00pm – Pro photographer Klaus Schnitzer of BIMMER Magazine shares his adventures in photographing cars. Takes place in the Hampton Inn meeting room.
SATURDAY May 29th
9:00am – Optional drive starting at Hampton Inn (only an hour long). What a great way to start the day.
10:00am – Gates open at Shelton Vineyards (only vendors, swap meet people, and volunteers can get in early)
11:00am – All vintage BMWs must be on site because volunteers will be off duty starting at 11:00
12:30pm – Rock-a-billy music from Straight 8’s at the band shell
Throughout the day: hay rides, wine tasting, vendors, swap meet
3:30pm – Raffle and awards at the band shell
No formal plans for Saturday dinner but you will have several good options listed in the registration packet.
SUNDAY May 30th
9:00am – Group drive from Hampton Inn to historic Abingdon, VA. Once we are in the area you will have a chance to rent bikes and ride on the Creeper Trail which is a rails-to-trails project and has no big hills.
Or, you can also catch a play at the historic Barter Theater. The Theater is featuring “Annie” at 8pm Sunday evening. Tickets for the show are available through their website ($35 ea) by clicking here.
We will try to figure out a group photo-op . We will have suggestions for lodging in Abingdon listed shortly. More details about this Sunday trip to come.