The only real consolation is that when I sold it, it went to a guy that was buying it because it was his dream... not an investment. 

I picked up a VERY low mileage 65 Shelby Mustang back around 1984.  The rubber was pretty dried out, and a lot of the gaskets had shrunk up and needed to be replaced.  But, the car hadn't been driven since about 1968 or so... 

After new gaskets and trim rubber... and a set of tires, it became my driver.  The paint was excellent, the interior perfect and it was like a 10,000 mile car.  Of course, it was white with blue stripes. 

One day at a mall (parked WAY in the back), I came out to find a guy standing next to my car.  He told me that he HAD to buy it.  I gave him an outrageous price... he paid it.  A few more years and I could have sold it for several times that amount.  But, I would have loved to have been able to keep it.  It was an amazing car to drive.  The steering was heavy, the clutch pedal was hard.  It jumped sideways when cornering hard on rough pavement.  But cruising a good road at high speed, the car was a joy.  And it made a great noise. 

If I found it again, I could never afford it...

I have some pics, but they are on film.  I need to spend some quality time with my scanner. 

Views: 26

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Global Wheels Events.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service